St. George's Episcopal Church
Two story church erected in 1808, near site of Swedish Log Church built in 1717.
In 1808 the present brick church replaced the log church. In 1870 it was resolved to rebuild the church by "taking down the walls of the lower windows," thereby removing the second floor because the foundation was not strong enough to support the weight of the old walls. The renovation in Gothic style with steeple was accomplished in 1877.